The following are the most asked questions, please feel free to email or call us if there is anything else you would like to know.
Absolutely! In fact, we encourage it because you know straight up, before the printing takes place, the exact cost of the finished product. This ensures your products are ready on time with minimal fuss. Contact Us with the quantity you require for each item. We will respond within 24 hours and request a logo, specifications for placement on the merchandise and provide a quote ASAP!
Vector Images – PDF is the best. If you do not know how to convert your image to a PDF format, we would be happy to assist. Alternatively, send us the Graphic Art File SVG and we will convert to a suitable format at our end.
If you don’t have a logo never fear! Supply us with your preferred font type and we can create a mockup logo. If your logo requires intricate detailing, our in-house graphic designer can assist you. Contact Us about your requirements.
Our sizing dimensions are featured against the relevant products with country conversion charts. All measurements provided are approximate and for reference only. Please note: the size conversion is a guide and may vary depending on the style, material and individual.
Torius employs a carousel for screen printing, It is widely used specifically for t-shirt printing. An ink-block stencil (the design) is applied to a woven mesh panel. This stencil forms an open area through which ink can be transferred and pressed onto the chosen garment.
Screen printing can be likened to a stencil method of printmaking. Ink is forced into the mesh openings by a flat-edged blade or squeegee and by wetting the substrate, the design is imprinted onto the garment during the squeegee stroke.
- Ideal for larger designs consisting of one or two colours
- Best results are achieved printing onto cotton and polycotton clothing apparel
- As the ink is heat dried, the merchandise can withstand the rigours of machine washing
- Each colour is applied separately thereby increasing the cost per additional colour.
- Separate screens are required for each individual design or colour.
- Not the best option if your design features many colours.
- Coated fabrics cannot be screen printed.
- Longer turnaround time if a range of colours are used.
- Caps, hats
- T-shirts, blouses and shirts and other types of corporate clothing
- Dress material
- Cushions….and the list goes on!
Depending on the amount of notice given, the complexity and volume of the job, your merchandise will be ready within two days with average print on demand jobs being up to four days. We will contact you prior to a print job to discuss when you job will be completed.
Our print on demand process has been developed using the latest in cutting-edge equipment ensuring the fastest possible result. We’ve dedicated our entire operation towards our ability to continually meet your needs. No job is too big or small for Torius.
You asked and we delivered. Our clients and the environment are important so we use industry-certified, eco-friendly inks on all our printing jobs. The ink does not run/bleed, give off nasty fumes or fade! These inks are suitable for our merchandise types. We provide detailed instructions on how to care for your printed products.
Torius has assisted a number of brands launch their own brand. Here are our top tips. Contact Us to find out how we can help you create a brand.
- Create a “got to have it” kind of item
- Develop a design
- Create a mockup or prototype
- Find suitable materials
- Locate a manufacturer who shares your vision of quality workmanship and superior customer service
- Devise creative ways to fund your business and launch your brand
- Get selling!
You are welcome to pick up your order or we can arrange for a courier to deliver for a fee. Contact Us to find out the cost before you place an order.
Some products are shipped in boxes, others in shipped in polyethylene bags. The shipping label specifies client name and the return address. To change the information on the shipping label, clients needs log into their account and change the delivery address.
We offer heat press and screen printing. Other types of displaying your branding or message is with embroidery. Refer to the Services page for more details.
A computer printer uses heat to transfer dye onto materials such as a plastic, card, paper, or fabric. Contact Us if you would like to know more about the suitability of this type printing or enquire about prices.
A heat press machine transfers a graphic design on a substrate to lay on a logo, artwork or message onto clothing and other products. It is an alternative to using other methodologies like screen printing and sublimation.
The heat press allows you to transfer your unique artwork or designs onto clothing, bags and other fabric merchandise. It has an electronically heated metal surface. Once pressure is applied, accompanied by expert timing and temperature control, an imprint is created featuring design work on your chosen material.
- Less mess (no chance of inks leaking or spreading).
- Precise and sharp image resolution.
- Can print complex, intricate and a broad range of colours.
- Cannot layer colors as it can add weight to the garment and make it appear bulky.
- Each image needs to be cut precisely to eliminate the extra paper not required to print onto the image.
Embroidery uses a needle and thread to create logos and designs with an array of yarns of varying colours. Embroidery is durable for the lifetime of the garment and it can be used to create patterns and logos on apparel. It is a technique best suited for simple logos and designs on clothing. The more intricate or detailed a design, the less discernible it will be on a garment.
- The thread is durable. It can withstand daily wear and the rigours of frequent washing. A logo can sometimes outlast a garment.
- The durability of the thread the colour will be sustained throughout the lifetime of the garment.
- Appearance of quality whilst also looking both smart and professional when done expertly.
- Not limited by colours and does not unduly affect the cost.
- Suits heavy materials like fleece, heavy cotton and canvas with greater capacity for personalisation. .
- Pricing is based on the number of stitches within the design; the bigger the logo the more expensive it is. Additionally, the weight of the logo needs to be considered to ensure it will not distort the final image nor create bulk.
- As a rigid technique, it can only produce a certain amount of design detail though it is limited in terms of being able to show colour fade or shade, as in the case of printing.
- Small text is not easily discernible when embroidered. To be easily read, we recommend text size of no smaller than 5mm, but prefer to embroider text at 8mm.
Print on demand means speed optimised print production. True print on demand digital printers typically do short run, sharp quality, both black & white and colour printing requirements faster and at less cost than most offset printers.
Many offset printers deliver print on demand services. However, true print on demand printers have performance capabilities absent in many offset printers. For example, some print on demand printers can only handle black & white printing but not colour. Another differentiation: true print on demand printers have an in-built ‘can-do’ work ethic, which is critical in meeting the most urgent print on demand deadlines.
- You avoid the high costs, inventory and storage hassles of longer print runs.
- You can quickly reprint your inventory as it runs low.
- You can quickly reprint when demand exceeds your held stock.
- You can test the market with a small batch of merchandise before committing to a more expensive long print run.
- You can fulfil smaller quantities of merchandise for your niche markets or a special event.
- You can target specific audiences.
- You can keep your printed and update it as you and when you require it.
Torius delivers merchandise quantities ranging from 1 to 3,000 units depending on the type and deadline. We encourage you to Contact Us before placing an order to ensure we can meet your specific requirements.
Not at all! They couldn’t be more different. As the saying goes: they are like chalk and cheese. Most print on demand printers, to ensure on-time delivery, operate 24/7 whereas most digital printers work standard hours. Most print on demand printers feature both digital colour and digital B&W presses.